Thursday, October 14, 2010

One Sentence Story


 Remember a while ago I told you about talking to a 'writer' (a realio trulio 'paid cash money to write' writer) that told me writing was a muscle that needed to be exercised?  This rings in my ears a little bit lately as I find myself caught between occupations, waiting for the enterprise to grow legs while protesting loudly to anyone who'll listen that 'I do not work in TV anymore'... not to mention the six month deadline growing in my abdomen.  Of course, just because conditions are right doesn't mean inspiration is complicit, but I just 'stumbled upon' a short term remedy in the form of www.onesentence.org/.  A collection of one sentence stories - 'telling the most interesting or poignant story possible in the fewest number of words'. 

This is me extending an invitation to myself and to you to participate - I intend to open a new word document right this minute, choose Calibri, size 12 and write a nice big heading 'One Sentence Stories'.  Perhaps if the results are anything to write (far from) home about, I will share some with you.

1 comment:

  1. Nonchalantly avoiding the wine, I smiled at the thought that I may not be the only person at this dinner table with a small penis growing inside them.

    ReplyDelete