Wednesday, October 13, 2010

File Under 'For Safe Keeping'


Regular reader(s) would perhaps expect a post like this to show up on my OTHER blog 'We Like Things', but somehow this one feels a little more rambly and 'hey, look at this'.  So... hey, look at this! 

Some guy called Florian Pulcher has designed these rugs called Land Carpet that are inspired by aerial shots of rural countryside in four different styles - Europe, USA, Netherlands and Africa.  Aside from the fact that I like the idea, I like how the 'styles' are so general, except for Netherlands... those poor little anal souls with limited land and even less gradient.  I've always loved aerial photos, particularly after seeing an outdoor exhibition under the Eiffel Tower in about 2002 (oh yes... I have travelled internationally, don't you know), and I'd love to see a carpet inspired by the Texas landscape and it's centre pivot irrigation.

One would have to have a pretty special house to accommodate a rug as modern as this, and you'd pretty much be signing up to a life of Schleich-related presents, but I think this is the first time I have ever liked a rug that cannot be loosely classified as 'Persian', so that was worth a bit of a ramble.

In other news, I made the Pelmeni using chicken thigh mince at your suggestion and it all worked out okay.  Interestingly, while there was no sign of turkey mince anywhere, the 'chicken' shop did sell turkey legs and wings... but the rest of the bird was notably absent.  And the dumplings were stodgy and just what I felt like, but I won't need to make them again for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment