Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Years Revolutions


I'm not a big one for New Year's resolutions generally.  That is to say I am not a fan of 'resolutions' made specifically based on the idea of a new year bringing a clean slate:  'resolutions' I make daily, if not more often... though they are rarely memorable and even less commonly followed through.

That said, it's the 4th of January now (so barely qualifies as NEW YEAR) and I have had a week or so of home time to think about things to be done, so let me present a list for your amusement/perusal.

1) Finish writing the post I've started about Judy Blume's 'It's Not the End of the World'.  I read the book in one sitting on the 8th of November, 2010 and started writing about it a couple of weeks later... and then stopped.  My memory is dimming, but my resolve is somewhat strong.  Somewhat.

2) Write generally more often... both here and in other places.  It makes me happy and it should therefore be something I do almost as regularly as washing my hair (I was going to say brushing my teeth, but that would be twice a day and that would cease to make me happy).

3) Have a baby.  Shouldn't be too hard given my head start.  Go on, kick away in support, little tummy friend.

4) Go to the Dentist and get my tooth filled.  I admit, I was wrong to think that a clearly broken tooth that didn't initially hurt was not a dental issue, but I have learnt my lesson (thanks to almost daily toothaches for a fortnight) and been punished enough by an almost universal Christmas/New Years break that has left me hanging for the 10th of January when my Dentist returns to work.  Sigh.

5) Materialist Australia... everything.  More effort, more marketing, more learning, more enjoyment... more success.

Hoping to see more of you here in the tweens.

No comments:

Post a Comment